Gaming Goals for 2018

For the rest of the gaming world.
Alright. Banjo Kazooie = done. Finished it 100%. Got all the notes and all the puzzle pieces. Feels great to have that one finally finished after owning it since middle school.

I have 2 main thoughts about that game:
•The Notes - There's 100 of them in each level. These seem fun to collect at first, but soon turn quite tedious because if you die, you have to go into the level and collect all 100 again. Not a huge deal for someone who's patient like myself, but I guess that's what makes it challenging; see if you can get all 100 in a level without dying. At least the puzzle pieces were permanent once you got them. That would have been a real downer if they weren't and made the game so much more tedious.

•The End Boss - My goodness this was insane. I think I spent 3-5 hours battling this boss. I had difficulties with the flying part and lining up with Gruntilda and hitting her, and I had difficulties shooting the eggs into the holes in the statues. I blame both of these on older N64 style controls, particularely for aiming. The rest of the controls were fine, it was just aiming that was an issue. I also encountered what seemed like a bug where I couldn't seem to shoot an egg into one of the statues. The statues required 3 shots each, and you'd know the egg hit the hole in the bottom of the statue when a sound played, and I couldn't get the egg to register, despite firing over 80-100 eggs at the hole at different angles. This happened on multiple attempts on the boss. But I finally got one really clean run near the end and managed to time everything perfectly and won.

All in all, good game, but very glad it's done. I'm never attempting that boss again.