To The Moon

For the rest of the gaming world.
Ok so, I just played 3 games in a row that were on my goals list for this year. Bastion, Transistor, and To The Moon. Bastion and Transistor are both made by the same company and are each around 6 hours long. To The Moon is 4 hours long and made by a different group.

Who here has played To The Moon and what did you think?

I don't know about you guys but when I played To The Moon I was extremely impressed. I'm not usually one to play many "indie" games or smaller games with sprites and high score type arcade style games like that often. But this game was borderline almost not even a game; it was more like watching a story unfold. You can't die in the game, and you can't screw anything up. About the only thing that could happen is you take longer to get somewhere.

The main premise of the game is that you play as 2 doctors that have a unique job in a company that grants dying patients a final wish, and that's about all I want to say. The story is fantastic, the soundtrack is fantastic, and for a game that is comprised of pixel art running at a low resolution but full screen, the sound is actually really good quality. There's no narration, only music, and the way the music changes as you go through the story is really, really well done.

Highly recommend this game to anyone to hasn't played it. It's available on Steam and regularly goes on sale for like, 2 bucks. The sequel just came out to called Finding Paradise, and I will 100% be picking that game up as well.

I really need to sit down and play it, but I have plenty of games that need playing.

Warp2063 wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 3:19 pm
I really need to sit down and play it, but I have plenty of games that need playing.
I hear ya. The nice thing about this game is it's only 4 hours. I highly recommend playing it in one sitting as well to get the full experience.

Warp2063 wrote:
Have you have you?!?!?! It’s only 4 hours! You can play it in an evening! I wanna hear what you think after too. I’ve told several people at work they need to play it as well... and if anyone here is reading this and thinks “huh, interesti-“ STOP, launch Steam and buy it, and then play it.

link470 wrote:
March 21st, 2018, 11:43 pm
Warp2063 wrote:
Have you have you?!?!?! It’s only 4 hours! You can play it in an evening! I wanna hear what you think after too. I’ve told several people at work they need to play it as well... and if anyone here is reading this and thinks “huh, interesti-“ STOP, launch Steam and buy it, and then play it.
N...not yet...?

Gotta catch 'em all... Power Moons, I mean...

Warp2063 wrote:
March 22nd, 2018, 2:45 pm
Gotta catch 'em all... Power Moons, I mean...
Ah, yep. Valid excuse. I need to play Odyssey too. It's on my goals list for this year. Most likely a summer game for me!

I just finished it and I can safely say the praise received is more than justified. If you want a great story with a small amount of gameplay - look for this.