I got a PS4. Finally.

For the rest of the gaming world.
I got a Sony refurbished PS4 slim today. It was $200USD on Groupon. It is currently downloading all the updates and PS4 games I've collected somehow. You probably all have me on PSN anyway, but if not, you need only look at my NC username to find me. :P

I am excite.

Awesome! Do you know what games you're gonna get yet?

Not sure. I want to own my own copy of Destiny and probably Destiny 2. Same with Overwatch. Will probably pick up FFXIV Stormblood at some point. Maybe Metal Gear, maybe Gran Turismo or something like Burnout Paradise if I can find it. I badly want Star Trek: Bridge Crew, but I'd have to plunk down the cash for the PSVR.

I'm sure there's plenty more I want, but I'm not in a tremendous rush. I pretty much just play casually these days.

Nice buy! I still don't have a PS4 or a Switch. The Switch I'm most likely picking up this Christmas, but the PS4 I haven't justified because there's no real Playstation exclusives I play, and I own an Xbox One. Even my PS3, the most amount of usage I've had on that is using it as a BluRay player. I believe I own 3 physical games for PS3, and a few digital ones. Flower is my favorite digital one. Super chill and relaxing.

Part of me wants an Xbox One, and I keep getting tempted to buy one (if only because it's compatible with Minecraft for Windows 10 and maybe Forza), and then I remember there just really aren't many games I want for it. There were more I wanted for the PS4, and even that wasn't a huge number. Perhaps someday if I have the impulse and the money and there's a cool deal on it like for my PS4.

I bought my PS4 for MGSV when it was first announced, then a year or so later they announced a PC port so I ended up going with that. Still, I do get some usage out of my PS4:
  • Persona 5
  • NeiR: Automata
  • Tomb Raider (2013) and Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Metal Gear Solid V
I'd recommend these games if you need ideas!

I'm curious about NeiR. I own the first one but haven't played it yet. MGSV and Persona 5 are both game genres that I've kind of lost patience for - not that I don't like them, but I don't have the patience to play those styles of games anymore. Too many things going on - generally, I want to hop on, play for a little bit, and be able to come back much later without needing to remember exactly what I was up to. I also don't have the time for sneaking.

I hear you. Lately it's been hard for me to even sit down for 30 minutes and play a game. Focusing on other things right now. The majority of my gaming happens during my 30-40 minute commute to and from work!

The majority of my gaming these days is number puzzles on my phone. I'm running out of Kakuro puzzles in this app.